After being on a 2 week road trip covering over 4400 miles with 5 kids, 6 if you include my husband, Jason, (which I would include in that category) all confined with the walls of a minivan, I have concluded that it is my utmost desire to avoid my children. However, through much contemplation and deliberation with my "other self"- [through this experience, I have also discovered that I have a split personality- for in one moment I can be in serene spirits and in the next I can only describe this other self as one that would only work well with others in a horror film.] I realize that the avoidance of my children may not produce a positive result and therefore I must abandon this line of thinking. In substitute, I will settle for the complete eradication of the following phrases:
"Are we there yet?", "She's touching me!", "He started it!", "I'm hungry!", "I'm hungrier", "Well I'm starving!", "How much longer?", "Happy meals aren't bad for you Mom, you would know that if you were a kid.", "I can't ignore her!", "He made me hit him.", "This is taking soooooo long!", "Dad, do you even know where you're going?", "I have to go potty", "What's that smell?", "Mom, I just pooped my pants", "Are we there yet?.... Yep, get out.... But there's nothing but bushes outside..... Yep, get out!!", "Do we have to listen to Dad's talking radio stuff?", "It's my turn to pick the movie!", "Savannah's not eating her food, she's just smashing it everywhere", "Mom said No talking to me....Mom she's talking to me..... well Mom said for you not to touch me, that's why I'm talking to you- so you won't touch me", "all this sitting is hurting my bum bum!", "Why did we have to bring him/ her on this trip?", "Mom", "Mom", "MOM, "MOM, "MOM", "Mom", "MOM!!!!!!!", and last but not least....."Mom, how come that girl doesn't have stripes on her tummy like you?"
I think I could go without and not miss ever hearing one of those phrases ever again!
I will blog a few days at a time of our trip....but not today- still unpacking....
Easter
Easter 2011- I made all the girls' dresses =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Inspiration Point
Mother's Day
I have the best kids ever
Welcome Home Kyndal Ann!!
car accident
here's what's left of the car
Halloween
Indian Jones, Mermaidia, Lil Fairytopia, The fearless Lion
My three little ladies
Kelly and I took the kids to the zoo and although Savannah looks as though she hated every minute of it, she actually loved it
"Sisters, Sisters"
..."There were never such devoted sisters..." Anyone guess what that is from?
Kids' Favorite
Aubri and Bekah begged me to let them get an elephant...just a baby one though- you know, "cause they're smaller and don't make as big of messes or get in as much trouble" I have really smart kids, always thinking.
Those darn tea cups!
In the Purple Dumbo---
there was only one purple Dumbo and Aubriawna insisted that we HAD to ride in that one. So- Yes- We ran....and triumphed!
In Sleeping Beauty's castle
At Disneyland!!
Cuttie Patuties
See any resemblance?
Couldn't hack it
Rebekah
She's 3
Simply Irresistable (sp?)
Bekah probably gets in trouble the least in our family, and should probably be in trouble the most because she is such a tease to the other kids (kind of like her Dad- only he's more experienced and knows when I am watching)...But- she gives me this face every time I go to fuss at her---I am started to desensitize myself to it- but it's really hard
Here's Rebekah
Petting the only end she was comfortable getting close to....
Those are some awesome phrases! I'm so glad you guys are back!
ReplyDeleteThat reminds me of the talk from conference..."She's breathing my air!"
ReplyDelete