Easter

Easter
Easter 2011- I made all the girls' dresses =)

Friday, July 30, 2010

Yo's latest project and Marital Bliss (yeah right)
















So, I've decided that I am pretty cool- perhaps not quite as cool as those who can rock a rad robot in da club, but suffice it to say I am pretty darn cool. I designed and implemented a shoe box that is set into the wall in my entry way. It's the BOMB! I was so sick of having all my girls' shoes everywhere. 5 girls up in this joint- each with at least 4 pairs of shoes- you do the math. So now- everyday shoes go in the box and the church ones..etc. in their closets.

I started the project by cutting out the drywall and insulation from inside my laundry room- which will be underneath the counter that I will eventually put in. This way I could get an accurate measurement between the studs. I then cut my boards and screwed them together. Then I decided to make it a little taller, but didn't check the wall first- the electrical wiring was in the way, but it was too late to make it shorter, cause the drywall was already removed, so i had to improvise by cutting a "V" into the stud it was in and tuck it up. Jason then helped me move the box into the spot- but much to my embarrassment, I made the box too perfect----I didn't leave room for ANYTHING. so I had to cut the whole thing down a quarter inch----twice. Long Story short, it fits and I think it's awesome.

At midnight, after i had been working on it all day, I asked Jason what he thought, he said, "I think you're crazy to be cutting holes in walls....you do too much"....REALLY?? I mean, I get the whole men from Mars deal, but Really? Does he really think THAT was the correct response? Yeah, maybe most people wouldn't hack into a wall, but it's over and done and the result worked. My response to him was, ..... THE LOOK- then I walked away as he was calling out to me, "wait, uh, I mean, it's great, uh, I'm just saying, you do a lot, and uh, I didn't know what to say because I haven't even seen if the kids are going to use it yet". Now, I realize that he is backpeddling, but once again.....Really? Just a tip for the male species- (which would never read a blog anyway) just apologize and say it's amazing....maybe throw in a few lines about your impudence, but to try to cover it up with, "I didn't know what to say because I haven't seen if the kids are going to use it yet..." my first thought was, "Is that what you would have said to the man who invented the toilet?,......we'll make them use it" Besides, how is his opinion of my work at all conditional upon the kids usage of the product? Anyone else see the logic-cause I don't.

He eventually- through some major coaching- said the right things- and meant it. I do love him despite his impurities- as he loves me despite the one I have. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your genuine views on life. I loved the "We'll make them use it!" line. seriously you would make millions with your sense of humor if you became a professional comedian. Thanks for a good laugh. I agree with you by the way. its done and over with mission completed. Jared is always saying everything's functional we don't need to do anything to our home. Nay I say. I do things to keep me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me, I love projects and feel the need for one soon. I only hope I can someday be as cool as you and be able to just hack right into my wall. You have courage and confidence, that's what I say.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration Point

Inspiration Point

Mother's Day

Mother's Day
I have the best kids ever

Welcome Home Kyndal Ann!!

Welcome Home Kyndal Ann!!

car accident

car accident
here's what's left of the car

Halloween

Halloween
Indian Jones, Mermaidia, Lil Fairytopia, The fearless Lion

My three little ladies

My three little ladies
Kelly and I took the kids to the zoo and although Savannah looks as though she hated every minute of it, she actually loved it

"Sisters, Sisters"

"Sisters, Sisters"
..."There were never such devoted sisters..." Anyone guess what that is from?

Kids' Favorite

Kids' Favorite
Aubri and Bekah begged me to let them get an elephant...just a baby one though- you know, "cause they're smaller and don't make as big of messes or get in as much trouble" I have really smart kids, always thinking.

Those darn tea cups!

Those darn tea cups!

In the Purple Dumbo---

In the Purple Dumbo---
there was only one purple Dumbo and Aubriawna insisted that we HAD to ride in that one. So- Yes- We ran....and triumphed!

In Sleeping Beauty's castle

In Sleeping Beauty's castle

At Disneyland!!

At Disneyland!!

Cuttie Patuties

Cuttie Patuties

See any resemblance?

See any resemblance?

Couldn't hack it

Couldn't hack it

Rebekah

Rebekah
She's 3

Simply Irresistable (sp?)

Simply Irresistable (sp?)
Bekah probably gets in trouble the least in our family, and should probably be in trouble the most because she is such a tease to the other kids (kind of like her Dad- only he's more experienced and knows when I am watching)...But- she gives me this face every time I go to fuss at her---I am started to desensitize myself to it- but it's really hard

Here's Rebekah

Here's Rebekah
Petting the only end she was comfortable getting close to....