Easter

Easter
Easter 2011- I made all the girls' dresses =)

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Yes, I built a bed!!!

SO I still haven't figured out that when you upload pictures they upload in reverse, so here is the end product with little Savannah showing off her new bed. I feel like Sheerah! I LOVE IT!!! And it feels so good to create and build things from scratch. The other great thing about this is that the head board can double as a twin head board and if we ever have a boy, I can just make a different pillow sham and comforter in green or blue to go with the brown and white stripes.


Here I am with my power shirt on upholstering the bed.

Here are the pieces of fabric that I tore into long strips and then sewed together because the stores didn't have exactly what I wanted. I wanted Brown and white stripes...thick stripes. So I had to sew it myself. This project took about 2 hours. I did it while Jason and I watched a movie on Friday night.
Then, Saturday morning I started around noon and was finished by 7. It would have been earlier, but I ran out of screws and had to go to home depot. This is a picture of my workspace. All the wood and screws ....etc. only cost me $29. I built the base first, then the head board, then upholstered the whole thing, and then screwed it together in Savannah's room.
Jason... once again, when I asked him what he thought when the bed was all done said, "I told you, you should just buy a toddler bed. you spent like all day doing that." I was livid to say the least. I am bound and determined to continue to build things and do more and more projects with the absolution that he will one day be trained and know how to say the right thing. (This is definitely not from a lack of training on my part.....it's kind of like potty training)---one day it will just click to him that when I say, with much excitement and enthusiasm,"What do you think?" whether it be about how I look, something I've cleaned, Something I've built, etc.... "your line is...."----ANYTHING POSITIVE!!!! Tell me what you really think later if you don't like my reaction to the positive one, but really? Why tell me that it would have been less trouble for me had I just bought one?.....SOME DAY- he's got an eternity to figure it out, and I have an eternity to learn patience---I like to think I get a little better most days.




3 comments:

  1. You know I love the bed, but what I love even more is that you posted a bit about Jason's reaction to it! He'll learn, you are a good teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, ha! I freakin' luv you Yolawnda! the bed is awesome, and so are you and your metallica shirt! lol

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration Point

Inspiration Point

Mother's Day

Mother's Day
I have the best kids ever

Welcome Home Kyndal Ann!!

Welcome Home Kyndal Ann!!

car accident

car accident
here's what's left of the car

Halloween

Halloween
Indian Jones, Mermaidia, Lil Fairytopia, The fearless Lion

My three little ladies

My three little ladies
Kelly and I took the kids to the zoo and although Savannah looks as though she hated every minute of it, she actually loved it

"Sisters, Sisters"

"Sisters, Sisters"
..."There were never such devoted sisters..." Anyone guess what that is from?

Kids' Favorite

Kids' Favorite
Aubri and Bekah begged me to let them get an elephant...just a baby one though- you know, "cause they're smaller and don't make as big of messes or get in as much trouble" I have really smart kids, always thinking.

Those darn tea cups!

Those darn tea cups!

In the Purple Dumbo---

In the Purple Dumbo---
there was only one purple Dumbo and Aubriawna insisted that we HAD to ride in that one. So- Yes- We ran....and triumphed!

In Sleeping Beauty's castle

In Sleeping Beauty's castle

At Disneyland!!

At Disneyland!!

Cuttie Patuties

Cuttie Patuties

See any resemblance?

See any resemblance?

Couldn't hack it

Couldn't hack it

Rebekah

Rebekah
She's 3

Simply Irresistable (sp?)

Simply Irresistable (sp?)
Bekah probably gets in trouble the least in our family, and should probably be in trouble the most because she is such a tease to the other kids (kind of like her Dad- only he's more experienced and knows when I am watching)...But- she gives me this face every time I go to fuss at her---I am started to desensitize myself to it- but it's really hard

Here's Rebekah

Here's Rebekah
Petting the only end she was comfortable getting close to....